'Ōkupu high-waisted bikini
• Fabric composition in the EU: 88% recycled polyester, 12% elastane
• Fabric weight in the EU (may vary by 5%): 6.78 oz/yd² (230 g/m²)
• Fabric composition in MX: 81% REPREVE recycled polyester, 19% LYCRA XTRALIFE
• Fabric weight in MX (may vary by 5%): 7.52 oz/yd² (255g/m²)
• UPF 50+ Sun Protection
• Double-layered and non-reversible
• Removable padding
• Tear-away care label
• Blank product components in the EU sourced from Spain, Germany, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Lithuania
• Blank product components in MX sourced from Colombia, Taiwan, and China
Learn about Recycled Polyester
What is recycled polyester?
Recycled polyester (rPET for short) is a fabric that’s produced from synthetic fibers. Recycled polyester is produced by recycling existing materials (like plastic bottles and packaging) but still has all the characteristics and performance as a regular polyester, making it a more sustainable fabric alternative.
How’s recycled polyester made?
Recycled polyester is made by crushing plastic products into small pieces. These small pieces are then processed into yarn, transformed into a fiber, and in the end—made into a fabric.
What are the advantages of recycled polyester?
Producing rPet takes 33% to 53% less energy than creating polyester from scratch. Also, rPet produces approximately 54.6% fewer CO2 emissions to the air than virgin polyester.
By using recycled materials to make things like this Recycled High-Waisted Bikini, at least some of the plastic waste produced doesn’t end up in landfills.
|CHEST (inches)||WAIST (inches)||HIPS (inches)|
|XS||33 ⅛||25 ¼||35 ⅜|
|S||34 ⅝||26 ¾||37|
|M||36 ¼||28 ⅜||38 ⅝|
|L||39 ⅜||31 ½||41 ¾|
|XL||42 ½||34 ⅝||44 ⅞|
|2XL||45 ⅝||37 ¾||48|
|3XL||48 ⅞||41||51 ⅛|
|CHEST (cm)||WAIST (cm)||HIPS (cm)|